Extensions to the KDE terminal interface

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:30:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

Just a quick note that I posted on the review board.  The terminal
interface has been extended with methods to return the id of the
currently 'active' program in the terminal (ie. the program which has
'control' of the terminal) and the id of the shell process.

Retrieving more detailed information about the process is something
which doesn't belong in the terminal interface, a generic class for
querying a process in kdelibs might be better.  Maybe KDevelop already
has such a class?  Konsole certainly does.

Regards,
Robert.