support for remote projects (fish / ftp / etc.)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 24 21:04:23 UTC 2009

On 24.03.09 21:29:20, Milian Wolff wrote:
> I just tried to create a remote project via fish and it did not work.

No wonder :)

> One problem I spotted and  -potentially- fixed is the initial project creation.

See comments below, after fixing that and removing debug output feel
free to commit.

> What I don't understand is the following: The project is listed as
> "folder.kdev4" in the projects view. No files in that folder are shown.

I don't think we currently have any project plugin that supports remote
urls. I assume you've used the generic project manager? That one only
works on local files (AFAIK). So you'd need to start with that one and
check what needs to be done to make it remote-ready.

> The above would be required for Quanta sometime. Does the Duchain work with
> remote projects?

Yes, its also based on urls, even though they're converted into
indexed-strings, but the strings are created via KUrl::url(). However
existing C++ parser, cmake and qmake support don't support remote
projects.

> +        // we have to cope the KUrl before and then jumps through some hoops
> +        // if we don't want to loose protocol information (required for remote projects)

That comment is a bit hard to understand IMHO. Just say that directory()
returns only a directory but for remote-project we need the full url
info.

>          statJob = KIO::stat( developerFileUrl, KIO::HideProgressInfo );
>          if( !statJob->exec() )
>          {
> -            KUrl dir = KUrl( projectFileUrl.directory( KUrl::AppendTrailingSlash ) + ".kdev4");
> +            KUrl dir = projectFileUrl;
> +            dir.setPath( dir.directory( KUrl::AppendTrailingSlash ) + ".kdev4" );

You could use dir.addPath( ".kdev4" ) instead here.

A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.

Buy the negatives at any price.