support for remote projects (fish / ftp / etc.)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Mar 24 20:29:20 UTC 2009

I just tried to create a remote project via fish and it did not work.

One problem I spotted and  -potentially- fixed is the initial project creation.

Currently the developerFileUrl in shell/project.cpp is setup with the return
value of directory() - which does _not_ include the protocol. My attached
patch fixes that (not ready for committing, there's debug output in it).

What I don't understand is the following: The project is listed as
"folder.kdev4" in the projects view. No files in that folder are shown.

But I don't get any errors so I'm not sure where the error lies. When I try to
add a new file (rightclick on the project -> create file) I get a "Cannot create
file" popup and "QFile::remove: Empty or null file name" on the CLI.

I will look into it tomorrow I hope but wanted to check if you have any input
for me.

The above would be required for Quanta sometime. Does the Duchain work with
remote projects?
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de