Beta4 Release tarballs

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Jun 24 21:36:36 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 24 Juni 2009 21:50:55 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> I've created tagged kdevelop Beta4 now (trunk is unfrozen so happy
> comitting), finished up the release announcement and created tarballs.
> I'm currently building them on my work machine with KDE 4.2 , but I'd
> like to ask anybody with a spare moment reading here to try to build and
> do a quick sanity test as well. I've put them onto my private server for
> now, so don't look to hard on the download-speed :)
>
> You can fetch them from www.apaku.de/vardata the files are named
> kdevelop-3.9.94.tar.bz2 and kdevplatform-0.9.94.tar.bz2 (wanted to avoid
> direct urls so the server doesn't get flooded by some crawler script)
>
> Unless I hear from somebody about major problems (or see any commits
> that need to be part of the beta4) I'll be uploading the tarballs
> tomorrow evening along with a mail to the packagers and will also
> send the text to the dot-editors. I'm going to make sure they'll be
> posting it on saturday.
>
> The announcement text will be as follows (open for discussion of
> course). Amilcar I'll try to send you the final version when I get it
> from the dot-editors - usually some typo's and a bit of
> native-english-changes are done - so you can put it up on our website:
> ,----
>
> | On behalf of the KDevelop team I am happy to announce the Beta4 release
> | of KDevelop4. This release includes some major new features, such as <a
> | href="http://zwabel.wordpress.com/2009/06/21/kdevelop4-ui-areas-working-s
> |ets-etc/">Working Sets (only available when building with KDE4.3)</a>,
> | integration of the quickopen functionality into the toolbar and a new
> | perspective switcher (see the upper right corner of the mainwindow). We
> | have of course also fixed again a lot of bugs, for example non-text files
> | such as images won't crash kdevelop anymore when closing them, valgrind
> | execution is working again, the debugger's variable view has been fixed
> | and a lot of crash fixes related to parsing and code-completion popups.
> |
> | I'd like to point out that you'll need the latest beta or the
> | soon-to-be-released RC1 of KDE 4.3 to experience all the new features as
> | some of them need the newer KDE libraries. Furthermore this is the first
> | beta release that officially builds, starts and can load projects under
> | Microsoft Windows. For that you'll definetly need the latest svn version
> | (or RC1) as it contains a lockup-fix for solid which can be triggered
> | with some combinations of Windows and Microsoft Compilers.
> |
> | You can fetch the source packages for KDevPlatform and KDevelop from the
> | <a
> | href="http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=unstable/kdevelop/3.9.94/s
> |rc/">KDE mirrors</a>. Make sure you download both packages and build
> | KDevPlatform before KDevelop.  If you build yourself make sure to read
> | and understand <a
> | href="http://apaku.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/setting-up-environment-for-ru
> [...]

Would be good if you could cherry-pick r986673, as that happened often to me
in the last days. I hoped to yet find the real reason, but I've gone with the
workaround for now.

And Milian's "multiple mainwindow" fix would also be a candidate, since
without it, opening an additional window leads to a certain crash.

Greetings, David