DVCS plugin interface

Hugo Parente Lima hugo.pl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:13:32 UTC 2009

On Sunday 21 June 2009 15:21:04 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 21.06.09 12:54:46, Hugo Parente Lima wrote:
> > svn diff; git diff; etc is not working, maybe it could use the kompare
> > kpart to display the diff.
>
> Oh btw, svn diff should work, it should diff into a temp-file and display
> the temp-file via kate. I know this worked at some point, but of course it
> might have got broken.
>
> The problem with kompare kpart (or kdiff3 for the matter) is that we'd like
> to actually have more than just display. We'd like to have full editing
> capabilities, hence we've decided that for now its ok to have just kate
> show the diff file and see that we improve kompare or kdiff3 to include
> editing capabilities and then integrate them (the kparts also have very
> little API IIRC)

kompare have some editing capabilities (but I dont know if this is present in
their kpart API).

Btw, I think that a release of kdevelop4 is near and we dont have man power to
make kompare or kdiff3 like we want, so, a nice readonly view (using some
kpart) is better than a ugly readonly view (using kate). I did something with
kpart a long long time ago, maybe I can add this visualization if there are no
objections.

--
Hugo Parente Lima
"Precisamos de mais gênios humildes no mundo, hoje somos poucos!"
JID: hugo at jabber.org