Launch Configuration Realign (Mockup)

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:45:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 18:23, Milian Wolff<mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> Hey guys, just used the launch config window for the first time and didn't
> like it very much. Here's what I'd think would work better:
>
> Note: the entry "New Configuration   Native Applica..." is actually a launch
> configuration, the name is just the default - don't get confused with that
> and the new "new Application" entries.
>
> http://imagebin.ca/view/MkkafV6.html
>
> Changes:
>
> The [+] [-] buttons are not on top of the list anymore. Instead each project
> has its own "new application" entry. First time I fired up the windows I
> only saw the projects on the left side and wondered: I don't want to add a
> new project, I want to _configure_ their launch stuff?!
>
> This "new application" entry should fix this very nicely. Also the [-]
> button was only activated when a launch configuration was selected. Doesn't
> make much sense to always show it then so I moved it to the right.
>
> The list of project now gets the whole space to the right.
>
> What do you think? Should I implement it?
First: your mockup is very dark :D

I like the idea, but how does adding a new launcher work?
- Do you have to click the green +? or do you just have to select the
new Application
item?
- How does it work with giving it an name and choosing an type?
- And when is a new "new Application" item added - to create a second one?

BTW: the inline-editing in the tree could be improved. It's not very
obvious that
you can edit here - especially for the type.

Niko