Launch Configuration Realign (Mockup)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jun 16 16:23:27 UTC 2009

Hey guys, just used the launch config window for the first time and
didn't like it very much. Here's what I'd think would work better:

Note: the entry "New Configuration   Native Applica..." is actually a
launch configuration, the name is just the default - don't get confused
with that and the new "new Application" entries.

http://imagebin.ca/view/MkkafV6.html

Changes:

The [+] [-] buttons are not on top of the list anymore. Instead each
project has its own "new application" entry. First time I fired up the
windows I only saw the projects on the left side and wondered: I don't
want to add a new project, I want to _configure_ their launch stuff?!

This "new application" entry should fix this very nicely. Also the [-]
button was only activated when a launch configuration was selected.
Doesn't make much sense to always show it then so I moved it to the right.

The list of project now gets the whole space to the right.

What do you think? Should I implement it?
--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de