KDE/kdevplatform

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon Jul 27 15:11:16 UTC 2009

Am Montag 27 Juli 2009 16:51:47 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 27.07.09 16:40:13, David Nolden wrote:
> Well, thats your decision to make. Either add those toolbar things now and
> re-do them later. Or fixup multi-mainwindow support first and then add
> those toolbar things.
Yeah of course. How I love it when people tell me what to do. Not that there
was a third apporach: Create a sane API now and use it, so we don't create
even more deprecated code.

> Really, I still question wether all this is doable with xmlgui or wether we
> shouldn't drop either xmlgui or multi-mainwindow support.
Where exactly do multiple mainwindows contradict KXMLGUI? Konqueror can also
have multiple main-windows, and it seems to be no problem at all.

We just need the APIs for plugins, and the core needs to support it properly.