KDE/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 27 16:07:38 UTC 2009

On 27.07.09 17:11:16, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag 27 Juli 2009 16:51:47 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > On 27.07.09 16:40:13, David Nolden wrote:
> > Well, thats your decision to make. Either add those toolbar things now and
> > re-do them later. Or fixup multi-mainwindow support first and then add
> > those toolbar things.
> Yeah of course. How I love it when people tell me what to do. Not that there
> was a third apporach: Create a sane API now and use it, so we don't create
> even more deprecated code.

I didn't say that you cannot create the sane API right now and port all
plugins to use it. Just the multi-mainwindow part needs far more work.

> > Really, I still question wether all this is doable with xmlgui or wether we
> > shouldn't drop either xmlgui or multi-mainwindow support.
> Where exactly do multiple mainwindows contradict KXMLGUI? Konqueror can also
> have multiple main-windows, and it seems to be no problem at all.

Konqueror usually doesn't want to have different toolbar setups on
different mainwindows. Not to mention that konqueror actually does create a
new KPart instance for each of its tabs and hence doesn't have the problem
of cloning actions or anything like that.

Chess tonight.