KDE/kdevplatform

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon Jul 27 15:06:43 UTC 2009

Am Montag 27 Juli 2009 16:48:06 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 27.07.09 16:11:59, David Nolden wrote:
> > Great, so you reverted my commits because your build is broken. ;-)
>
> f*$(@##@($@ BC, another complete cleanup solved this, I wonder what was
> left last time - or wether I'm already halluzinating things...
>
> > Anyone else got those crashes?
>
> Yeap masch on IRC, KDE4.2 too.
>
> Including shortcuts and toolbar-editing? BTW. your kdelibs is built in
> release mode, might want to change that to catch things like the
> empty xmlfile argument for setXMLFile causing problems.
>
> See the attached screenshot, thats what I got after creating a second
> window, changing a shortcut and then closing it via window-close-button.
> And its there on the next start of kdevelop too.
>
> So even though it turns out that the original reason why I reverted was
> indeed a problem here, the feature is far too unstable/untested/incomplete
> to be in trunk. I _do_ want to release a beta in the next 10-14 days.
A step forward is a step forward. I don't get why _development_ should not
happen in trunk. It's what trunk is there for. If we think multiple mainwindow
support is too unstable yet, we can still disable it completely before the
beta. Right now we have it in trunk, and it is _completely_ useless!

Toolbar editing does work here.

Editing shortcuts in the second mainwindow seems to be problematic. That can
be solved easily: We can just hide the "Configure Shortcuts" menu item in the
second main window.