Error while loading project

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Jul 27 10:52:50 UTC 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 12:09:46 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 27.07.09 11:53:17, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:

> > > Sadly kbuildsycoca4 is not run automatically when you compile from
> > > sources. You have to run it once after installing new plugins.
> >
> >   We are using a system in amarok which takes care of this little problem
> > for people, apparently found in kdelibs - cute little progress bar widget
> > and everything... Haven't seen the code, but i understand it's fairly
> > simple. Maybe that's an option here as well? :)
>
> I don't think so, amarok (AFAIK) has two binaries and hence its possible to
> run kbuildsycoca4 from the first one, before starting the real. In
> kdevelop4 there's only one binary and I think if you run kbuildsycoca4 from
> its main() function that won't help with the current process.
>
> Andreas

  Amarok only has one binary, but yes, the main logic sits in libamarok, which
is loaded on the run. That's also why the splash screen shows up so quickly ;)
But yes, the sycoca builder is run from the binary and not inside the
library... not entirely sure how it's done, but it works really rather well :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-