Error while loading project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 27 10:09:46 UTC 2009

On 27.07.09 11:53:17, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> On Monday 27 July 2009 11:46:17 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Aleix Pol wrote:
> > > Looks like your system is not well configured.
> > >
> > > Have you ran kbuildsycoca4? (this should happen automatically iirc)
> > > Are you using any weird setup?
> >
> > Sadly kbuildsycoca4 is not run automatically when you compile from
> > sources. You have to run it once after installing new plugins.
>
>   We are using a system in amarok which takes care of this little problem for
> people, apparently found in kdelibs - cute little progress bar widget and
> everything... Haven't seen the code, but i understand it's fairly simple.
> Maybe that's an option here as well? :)

I don't think so, amarok (AFAIK) has two binaries and hence its possible to
run kbuildsycoca4 from the first one, before starting the real. In
kdevelop4 there's only one binary and I think if you run kbuildsycoca4 from
its main() function that won't help with the current process.

You have an ability to sense and know higher truth.