Next beta?!

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at kdevelop.org
Fri Jul 24 22:49:32 UTC 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 09:57:22 David Nolden wrote:
> I'm also not sure whether right now is the right moment. Yes a few bugs
> have been fixed, but not that many yet..
bugs.kde.org tells me that 83 bugs got fixed since the release of b4. Is that
not enough ???

> I'd opt for maybe in two weeks, so we also get a timeframe for somewhat
> bigger changes (I've got some plans with the code browser, and maybe the
> working sets), and don't spam the world with beta announcements.
It's not spam, our users can only test the b4 version and it crashes quite
easily, so basically the longer the b4 version is out there as being the
latest, the worse the publicity. We have done some great steps since b4, and
the users should get the fixes, instead of testing old outdated code.

Not everyone uses SVN out there, and I think the number 83 speaks for itself.

If We place a release before the official KDE4.3.0 then there is good chances
that it gets packaged and released for a broader audience. After that we could
increase the dependency and wait two months or so before going b6.

What do you think ?

Regards,
--
Amilcar Lucas