Code-completion icons

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 16 18:47:55 UTC 2009

On 16.07.09 19:53:38, David Nolden wrote:
> There seems to be an official 'class' icon in KDE now

In trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons, yes.

>, that is also picked up by kdevelop. The problem is that it does not
>match with all the other code completion icons from our 'mini'
>subdirectory,

Those are supposed to be dropped, when the new versions are done. I'm
not up-to-date on the status (see the kdevelop-icons.ods document in
playground/artwork/Oxygen/docs/

> for example 'private class' etc., also I think it's
>generally slightly too colorful.
>
> I think for now we should make sure that all the completion icons have a
> consistent and familiar look. If we want to change them, we should change them
> all at once in a consistent way.

Please discuss this with Pino and the other artists on their list.

> So anyone has an idea how to force KDE to pick up the icons from our "mini"
> directory, instead of the KDE icon?

We're not going to. When Pino is done with the icons mini will be
deleted.

You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.