proposal for kdevelop.org new website design

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 4 07:56:47 UTC 2009

On 04.12.09 01:27:05, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Thursday 03 December 2009 22:57:15 Sam S. wrote:
> > I did upload one mockup variation without the flags, showing instead a
> > custom combobox/dropdown-menu-like thing which looks less intrusive
> > than a normal combobox and also shows a picture of the flag
> > corresponding to the currently used languge - however, to implement
> > such a menu, one would have to use Java Script, and I don't know how
> > thrilled Amilcar would be to require Java Script as a dependency for
> > using that website...
> Not thrilled at all, I hate javascript. Please avoid it at all cost

Thats too bad. I've never really done anything large with JS on
websites, but I did recently look at some real-world JS code in Firefox
extensions (and also wrote my own) and from my perspective its the same
as any other language. You sure can do pure evil on websites with JS,
but just as well you can do really useful things. But thats the same
with any other General Purpose language, the only difference is the
OO-model in JS is quite different to many other languages and needs some
getting-used-to.

You will be misunderstood by everyone.