Improving generic KPart support in KDevelop (by example of Okteta)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Aug 5 21:55:58 UTC 2009

Mercredi, le 5 août 2009, à 21:39, Andreas Pakulat a écrit:
> On 05.08.09 14:42:34, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > But I wonder if groups are needed here? What is different here from e.g.
> > the other big kpart-using program, Konqueror*? There those groups aren't
> > (re-)defined, and all actions smoothly integrate as defined in
> > ui_standard.rc
>
> I'm not sure anymore what the reason was. The groups have been
> introduced about 1.5 years ago by one of us who's rather familiar with
> xmlgui. But konqueror not doing it doesn't prove anything, its xmlgui
> file has probably not changed since years.

Hehe, but than it works as expected ;)

> However a quick look at kxmlgui.xsd suggests that parts/plugins
> shouldn't use the append-feature at all. I'm not sure whats wrong, the
> xsd or the implementation or both. So what we need is input from someone
> who knows xmlgui in-and-out and I think the only person coming close to
> that is David Faure at the moment.

Think so, too. Are you going to approach him about this?

> Well, as you can see we're watching the commit diffs, so we'll moan when
> we don't like them. Small changes are ok to commit without review.
> BTW: I'm still waiting for two reverts from the first two commits though ;)

Reverting done. Developing alone in all the Okteta code with no feedback than
being in another mode the other day results in some adaption needs ;)

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta