Move completion widget further up

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Thu Apr 23 19:23:04 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag 23 April 2009 21:08:31 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a bit of a problem with the completion widget because most of
> the time I'm adding new methods I do this at the end of the file, which
> means that my cursor is at the bottom of the kate view. Can we make it
> such that if the cursor is close to the bottom of the kate view (maybe
> 1/5th of the height) that the completion widget then pops up above that
> area? So for example if I have the cursor between pixel 160 and 200,
> then the bottom of the completion should show up above pixel 160 or
> something like that.
>
> As it is now, I sometimes can only see the "Implement" string as
> everything else is cut by the screen bottom.

I've done a patch to kdelibs today to make the code-completion use the full
space at bottom until the end of the screen. Given that we waste quite a bit
vertical space at the bottom, and there's usually a panel, isn't that enough
room to show a completion list? Additionally you could open the code-browser
and be fine ;-)

The problem about popping it up at the top is the argument-hints, where to
move those then?

Greetings, David