Shell is testable and Session-Support

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Mon Oct 20 15:38:45 UTC 2008

On Sunday 19 October 2008 11:22:19 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all: I just comitted a few changes to kdevplatform which should
> make it possible/easier to write tests for plugins in cases where one wants
> to replace one or another of the controller. Its a new library
> kdevplatformtestshell which provides a Core subclass, see api dox for usage
> information.
>
> This means I can finally go forward writing the last couple of tests for
> the new session controller. After thats done I'll start to implement
> support for disabling plugins and will use the session for that.
>
> But thats only part of what can be done with sessions, the question that
> now arises: What else should be part of a session and what should stay
> in "global" configuration. Especially which settings from kdeveloprc should
> be moved into the session (and maybe also which ones from the project
> kcm's).
>
> Andreas

IMHO, session is the wrong name for it, as it implies that the plugins i've
disabled will become enabled again the next time i start KDevelop.

Since I'm sure i missed the initial discussion (or it took place on IRC, which
despite my constant presence in channel, I rarely pay attention to), could you
go over the initial feature again please or tell me where to search the
archives? :)

Thanks
--
Matt