Shell is testable and Session-Support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 19 16:22:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

first of all: I just comitted a few changes to kdevplatform which should
make it possible/easier to write tests for plugins in cases where one wants
to replace one or another of the controller. Its a new library kdevplatformtestshell
which provides a Core subclass, see api dox for usage information.

This means I can finally go forward writing the last couple of tests for
the new session controller. After thats done I'll start to implement
support for disabling plugins and will use the session for that.

But thats only part of what can be done with sessions, the question that
now arises: What else should be part of a session and what should stay
in "global" configuration. Especially which settings from kdeveloprc should
be moved into the session (and maybe also which ones from the project
kcm's).

You are fairminded, just and loving.