Feature list for 4.0

David Nolden zwabel+kde at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:58:41 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008 06:37:46 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> 5. C++ support. I think there are few things to be added to
>    reach usable feature parity with other IDEs:
>
> 	- Outline of the current class/quick open of method
> 	in current class. Presently, there's no easy way
> 	to do this.
Have you tried CTRL+ALT+N? It does quickopen for all functions in the current
file.

> 	- Find all uses of a symbol. Build call graph (which
> 	functions call this one)
We already have the "find all uses" thing in the navigation widgets, but we
need to build uses for whole projects. I hope that'll working well after SOC.

When that's done, we can very easily implement a lot of fun features like
call-graphs(Some of them will also come during SOC).

> 	- Mark methods that override parent once. Implement
> 	a dialog to selectively override some parent methods.

I plan to do that using the code-completion widget. I have some nice
coding-assistant ideas similar to this that I will probably implement within
the next months.

About finishing the debugger: It would be great if attaching to a running
process would work again, that's my main use case for the debugger.

Greetings, David