XTest plugin integration (milestone2)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 13 21:49:26 UTC 2008

On 13.05.08 23:22:12, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> As planned I've visually integrated the QxRunner lib as a plugin. For a
> screenshot check out -> http://mbreugel.blogspot.com/. Can run it for
> yourself by de-commenting add_subdirectory(xtest) in
> kdevelop/plugins/CMakeLists.txt.

Nice. I'm wondering wether you'll leave anything to do within the
"official" coding timeframe :)

BTW: Looking at the screenshot, have you considered using the
Problems-View for some of the reporting (I could imagine seeing the
assert+file/line number there)? Or do you think its better to have this
all together in toolviews?

> I wont keep spamming this ML with evry small  milestone completion
> though, so look at the blog if you'r interested :)

Maybe you can send a mail to clee at kde.org so he can add your feed to
planetkde.org. That way people don't have to search for your blog (I
wasn't aware you're writing one for SoC actually) and you might get some
actual user feedback, especially for screen shots ;)

> Next is support for QTest, at first without advanced test discovery, by simply
> registering the tests through an xml file or so. Unfortunatly the academic
> year is ending and thats robbing me of my free time (task deadlines + exams
> closing in at lightning speed).

Heh, so far I don't think you need to worry much, you did quite some
progress so far.

Chicken Little only has to be right once.