XTest plugin integration (milestone2)

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:49:39 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 23:49:26 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 13.05.08 23:22:12, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> > As planned I've visually integrated the QxRunner lib as a plugin. For a
> > screenshot check out -> http://mbreugel.blogspot.com/. Can run it for
> > yourself by de-commenting add_subdirectory(xtest) in
> > kdevelop/plugins/CMakeLists.txt.
>
> Nice. I'm wondering wether you'll leave anything to do within the
> "official" coding timeframe :)
>
> BTW: Looking at the screenshot, have you considered using the
> Problems-View for some of the reporting (I could imagine seeing the
> assert+file/line number there)? Or do you think its better to have this
> all together in toolviews?

That seems the logical thing to do. To prevent people from having to scan a
large number of failures I could highlight the item in the problem-view when
clicked on in the runner.

> > I wont keep spamming this ML with evry small  milestone completion
> > though, so look at the blog if you'r interested :)
>
> Maybe you can send a mail to clee at kde.org so he can add your feed to
> planetkde.org. That way people don't have to search for your blog (I
> wasn't aware you're writing one for SoC actually) and you might get some
> actual user feedback, especially for screen shots ;)

done

> > Next is support for QTest, at first without advanced test discovery, by
> > simply registering the tests through an xml file or so. Unfortunatly the
> > academic year is ending and thats robbing me of my free time (task
> > deadlines + exams closing in at lightning speed).
>
> Heh, so far I don't think you need to worry much, you did quite some
> progress so far.

Mostly the low hanging fruits though :) No 'real' coding done yet, just the
work of the QxRunner author. But hey I suppose that's one of the benifits of
writing open software - there's that much good code laying around which
screams to be recycled.

Manuel