KDevelop 3 and KDevelop 4

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas webmaster at kdevelop.org
Sat May 3 16:01:16 UTC 2008

Hi all,

As you all know, better than I, KDevelop 4 is good in track, and KDevelop 3
has stopped.

So we will have a BIG problem soon:
Our users will be confused with the new version. "Why all these regressions ?"

And our answer is going to be:
"Because it is rewritten from scratch and many old features are not
implemented yet."

And they will ask:
"What features are implemented, and what are not ?", "What is the difference
between KDevelop 3 and 4 ?"

And we will have to answer those questions countless times.

So I propose a simple solution:
- Complete a list of all the KDevelop 3.5 features:
http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_3.5/features_draft

And that's it. Once we all complete that list (I've already done my part) I
will take care of the rest:
Use the list as a starting point for a KDev3 vs. KDev4 comparison table.
That table will answer all the user questions for us.

The result will be that we can spend more time coding and less time answering
questions on IRC and mailing lists.

All in favor please raise your arm.

--
Amilcar Lucas