Project Configuration

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 8 18:49:50 UTC 2008

While using kdevelop I've noticed that project configuration is buried in the
menus quite deeply. The path is: "Settings -> Configure Project ->
ProjectName". Also I think it's not perfectly intuitive having the
project-configuration under "Settings", because for me settings usually means
changing the behavior of KDevelop itself.

So I propose putting the project-information in a more accessible place.

Possible locations:

"Project -> ProjectName -> (Configure/Build)"

Another option would be just creating a top-level menu-item for each open
project, so it would look lik
"ProjectName -> Configure"

Of course there should be more project-options than just "Configure", for
example "Build", "Close", etc.

Personally I'd prefer the last option as long as there's less then 4 projects
open.

What do you people think about the problem?

Greetings, David