Two crash dumps

David Nolden zwabel+kde at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 21:39:37 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 22. Juni 2008 20:30:30 schrieb Tomasz Kalkosiński:
> Hello
>
> I've tried to Import Existing Project (my own project) in trunk KDev4 but
> it failed. I attach two dumps from gdb:
>
> http://www.haze.ehost.pl/pub/complex.txt (about 9 MB)
>
> This one may be related to some symbolic link in project's path:
> http://www.haze.ehost.pl/pub/complex2.txt (about 3 MB)
>
> I hope this may help.
>
> Greetings,
> Tomasz Kalkosiński

Hi! Thanks for your testing. You have an incredible count of parsing-threads
enabled, in the second log I haven't even found the thread that actually
crashed, and in the first, it doesn't seem to make sense. It's probably
related to the count of parsing threads, or there's no memory left, and since
it currently doesn't make sense at all having multiple threads, I have now
disabled the option in the UI, and the previously set count of parsing
threads won't be loaded any more. So please update, and send the next
backtraces. :)

Btw. don't forget disabling the "Parse all project files on project load"
option or similar, I was thinking about disabling that too, but at some point
in not too far future it should work, so I'm leaving it visible. But make
sure it's disabled! Normally kdevelop does not parse any C++ files just on
opening/importing a project.

Greetings, David