Handling of editing in treeview

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 22 23:34:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just committed a change to the project treeview which will cause
a problem when using a plain-qt-styles (i.e. not inheriting from KStyle)
due to QTreeView defaulting to the DoubleClickEditTrigger. That means by
default QTreeView will start editing on double-click and not do anything
else (like emitting the activated signal). As we can't control Qt styles
and can't guarantee that people use KDE styles, I think we need to find
another way to fix this. The options as far as I can see are (my
opinions will be in a separate mail):

- disable in-place-editing of items in the project treeview.
- find an edit-trigger that suits us, possible options are
  "pressing edit key", "pressing any key". I don't think any of the
  other options is usable for a project treeview
- install an eventfilter/override the event hooks to have full control
  over how to do that

You will always get the greatest recognition for the job you least like.