Two crash dumps

Tomasz Kalkosiński tomasz2k at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Jun 22 19:41:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:55:31 +0200, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 22.06.08 20:30:30, Tomasz Kalkosiński wrote:
>> I've tried to Import Existing Project (my own project) in trunk KDev4 but it failed. I attach two dumps from gdb:
>
> Both of the backtraces from gdb show many parsings of c++ files around.
> Did you increase the number of threads to be used for the background
> parser? Not that you shouldn't need to increase that.

I didn't increase number of threads since I don't know how :)

> Also as you're saying this happened on import: Did you activate the
> "parse all project files" option under Configure KDevelop->C++? That
> option is highly experimental and will most probably eat all your RAM
> (unless you've got a few gigs available), especially if your project is
> large or has large/complex includes like boost.

I have 2 GBs and indeed I include boost. I know that all parsing is in experimental phase and I'm not complaining, just helping.

> Maybe its telling the language-experts more than me.

That's why I've sent. If you want me to replay this parsing on same sources but with other options I can surely do it again.

Greetings,
Tomasz Kalkosiński