Fwd: Sponsoring Kdevelop

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas webmaster at kdevelop.org
Sat Jun 7 08:58:44 UTC 2008

On Saturday 07 June 2008 10:19:56 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Even for a complete re-ordering of the general layout?
yes, the layout is no longer table based so you i.e. can change the top menu
to the left, the right menu to the top, the bottom to the top... etc

> Looking at both pages side-by-side I think the "user" version is a lot
> friendlier for newcomers. Can we have it such that there's a link to
> switch to the developer version it stores this in a cookie, similar to
> the language choice?
Yes, it is possible but I think that increases the confusion.

> Also I noticed that the "user" version doesn't have
> a link to the forum, maybe that should be added.
The link to the forum is on the contact section, for consistency reasons
duplicated links are avoided in the user layout.

> Other than that I think we can make the user version the default and get
> quite some complaints off our back. Thanks for digging out the link :)
That is one line of code :)
I will do that as soon as more developers give their opinion.

> I guess what I'm thinking about is having the wiki but still at least
> the navigation on the right side so I can easily switch back to other
> parts of the website. And then of course a wiki theme that matches our
> website. I don't know mediawiki (or any other wiki software for that
> matter), but maybe I can try and help you out a bit with that.
The navigation on the left side can be configured here:
www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Sidebar&action=edit

Regards,
--
Amilcar Lucas