Question about debugger

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 14 22:36:59 UTC 2008

On 14.07.08 21:07:48, Kishore wrote:
> On Saturday 12 Jul 2008 4:42:02 am Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Saturday 12 July 2008 00:25:26 Kishore wrote:
> >  > From recent builds, i notice that the debugger is becoming usable.
> >  > However i do not seem understand the configuration. With the ability to
> >  > handle multiple projects and the each project can have more than one
> >  > executable, how does one define which executable is to be debugged? Is
> >  > there an option to "set current target" that already exists or will
> >  > exist?
> >
> > Currently, you set your executable in the project options, then in the run
> > menu you select the project which will be executed / debugged (it's one and
> > the same). Then you start the debugger.
> >
> > Others planned to change this but so far no code.
>
> Thanks for replying. So essentially, at this point there can be only one
> target per project right?
>
> Second, i do not know what the current plan is with regard to the "debugger
> executable" settings i would request that this be made a setting per project
> (maybe even per target!) but not be made global. I work a lot with embedded
> systems and currently toggle this setting between "arm-none-eabi-gdb" and just
> "gdb". I understand if this is unfinished but i hope it is considered.

The plan is actually to not have the run or debug settings related to a
project at all. That is, they don't depend on a project being there. Of
course there will be support to easily run/debug targets of a project,
but the whole thing should be usable without a project loaded.

You have a truly strong individuality.