Question about debugger

Mon Jul 14 15:37:48 UTC 2008

On Saturday 12 Jul 2008 4:42:02 am Hamish Rodda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 12 July 2008 00:25:26 Kishore wrote:
>  > From recent builds, i notice that the debugger is becoming usable.
>  > However i do not seem understand the configuration. With the ability to
>  > handle multiple projects and the each project can have more than one
>  > executable, how does one define which executable is to be debugged? Is
>  > there an option to "set current target" that already exists or will
>  > exist?
>
> Currently, you set your executable in the project options, then in the run
> menu you select the project which will be executed / debugged (it's one and
> the same). Then you start the debugger.
>
> Others planned to change this but so far no code.

Thanks for replying. So essentially, at this point there can be only one
target per project right?

Second, i do not know what the current plan is with regard to the "debugger
executable" settings i would request that this be made a setting per project
(maybe even per target!) but not be made global. I work a lot with embedded
systems and currently toggle this setting between "arm-none-eabi-gdb" and just
"gdb". I understand if this is unfinished but i hope it is considered.
--
Cheers!
Kishore

Ps: I tried finding my way through kdevelop but clearly, kdevelop is a complex
project and i'm not cut out for it! ;) Thank you all for working on this
project.