kdev4 with multiple projects + code completion across projects

Marek Jasovsky jasovsky.marek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 07:57:19 UTC 2008

Hi

>> As for Qt includes: What has cmake to do with include path of kdev4 ide?
>> Maybe I am missing some important part. is this path not given by some
>> environmental variable?
>
> KDevelop gets all include files from the build manager.  You probably don't
> have a build directory assigned in your cmake configuration for the kdevelop
> project, which is needed for cmake support to get the include directories.

that's the point. I have build dir assigned for both kdevplatform and
kdevelop and using cmake I am able to fully compile both projects.

> BTW, this is the real bug - that a) we don't request the build directory at
> project import time, and b) that we don't show a warning somewhere that the
> cmake support is incompletely configured.

what if I had a project that is not cmake based? do I always need to
have some build manager and there I must have some info, where are all
include files? and all libs I need to build/include to the project?

thanks