Kdevelop4 gsoc

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Apr 26 10:51:39 UTC 2008

On 26.04.08 10:44:34, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2008 01:36:28 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Anything concrete you expect from me at this stage?
> >
> > For now I think trying to get into the codebase and see how kdevplatform
> > API is designed is good. Try to get some ideas how you could design the
> > unit-testing framework.
> >
> > Once you have some idea about the code and want to start coding, we
> > probably should think about some milestones starting with what you have
> > in your application.
>
> I have written some cmake files and integrated QxRunner (the library I'm
> starting from) as a plugin in the kdevelop build process. This can be
> commited as soon as I get write access to the svn.

Cool.

> The first milestone will be to get omniscient on QxRunner by writing a
> test suite. This way I'll have a thorough understanding of the
> possibilities, know exactly were changes should be made and have immediate
> feedback when I break things. I prefer doing this first and then discuss
> design for the first bit (ie the interaction qxrunner-kdevelop). How about 6
> may for this milestone? (still got a paper to hand in on 30
> april, which eaaaats time) By then I want 90% coverage.

Fine with me, note however that I won't have permanent internet between
2nd and 6th May, I'll try to read emails at work, but code review is
probably not going to happen.

> Note that I'm not that experienced with cmake, so there's probably some things
> to improve there ;) Notably I didnt find an elegant way to enable exception
> handling. QxRunner doesnt use them but has a single try-catch(...) block to
> catch any exceptions thrown in client tests, with an 'error' test result.
> Right now just the 'CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS' with a removed '-fno-exceptions' is
> used.

You can just use

add_definitions( ${KDE4_ENABLE_EXCEPTIONS} )

Try to have as good a life as you can under the circumstances.