Kdevelop4 gsoc

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 08:44:34 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 01:36:28 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Anything concrete you expect from me at this stage?
>
> For now I think trying to get into the codebase and see how kdevplatform
> API is designed is good. Try to get some ideas how you could design the
> unit-testing framework.
>
> Once you have some idea about the code and want to start coding, we
> probably should think about some milestones starting with what you have
> in your application.

I have written some cmake files and integrated QxRunner (the library I'm
starting from) as a plugin in the kdevelop build process. This can be
commited as soon as I get write access to the svn.

The first milestone will be to get omniscient on QxRunner by writing a
test suite. This way I'll have a thorough understanding of the
possibilities, know exactly were changes should be made and have immediate
feedback when I break things. I prefer doing this first and then discuss
design for the first bit (ie the interaction qxrunner-kdevelop). How about 6
may for this milestone? (still got a paper to hand in on 30
april, which eaaaats time) By then I want 90% coverage.

Note that I'm not that experienced with cmake, so there's probably some things
to improve there ;) Notably I didnt find an elegant way to enable exception
handling. QxRunner doesnt use them but has a single try-catch(...) block to
catch any exceptions thrown in client tests, with an 'error' test result.
Right now just the 'CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS' with a removed '-fno-exceptions' is
used.

Manuel