Automatically add project to buildset?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 25 08:27:20 UTC 2008

On 25.04.08 12:08:48, Kishore wrote:
> On Friday 25 April 2008 11:58:39 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > While buildset might be handy, it's probably not as common as desire
> > > to build just one project one is hacking on right now.
> >
> > Hmm, we can have support for building the active document, or even the
> > target of the active document - if it is in a known project.
>
> I just want to highlight on the possibility of a given source file belonging
> to more than one project. In which case all affected projects would need to
> be rebuilt.

Thats why projectsForUrl() returns a list of projects ;) (or should, if
it doesn't do so yet)

> Was not the idea buildset introduced to manage dependencies between projects?
> ie. If project A depends on project B and B was modified, build action on A
> causes a build on B. Wrong?

Yes, project dependencies will be managed too, but not via the buildset
directly. The buildset is there to get a number of targets in one or
multiple projects build at once without all of them depending on each
other. For example if you often switch between two different projects
its easier to have the built both all the time, instead of having to
switch between what is built now.

You are sick, twisted and perverted.  I like that in a person.