Performance problems in CMake support

Aleix aleixpol at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:48:39 UTC 2008

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain properly.

If you grep QRegExp on the parser directory you will see that it is only on:
- CMakeAst, command parser:
    * To collect the cmake_minimum_required version value.
    * The same for cmake_policy (2.6)
- Condition evaluator:
    * For the MATCHES case (from cmake, can't remove it).
- Project Visitor:
    * To get the information from the envvar list (it could be changed, and
I will, but I don't think it is significant)
    * On the STRING command on regex-related options.
    * ADD_DEFINITION command: to extract info from the definitions. (it
could be changed, and I will, it appears quite often so maybe it could be
significant)
    * REMOVE_DEFINITION command: the same but barely used.

It is used on the manager 1 time so it is not a problem as well.

I'll remove now the few I think that could be removed but, as I said, I
think the big load of regex is used by the cmake scripts themselves.

Thanks,
Aleix