Performance problems in CMake support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 1 12:21:59 UTC 2008

On 01.04.08 13:59:01, Aleix wrote:
> As I said to andreas, the important use of regex is on the configuration
> scripts and I can't do anything about that since i need them to parse the
> projects properly.

No you don't. In particular you only need regexes if the cmake script
itself uses a regex somewhere and thats not used that much - AFAIK. For
translating the plain text of a CMakeLists.txt into some abstract
structure you don't necessarily need regexps. CMake itself doesn't use
regexps to parse its own files either.

Anyway, lets see how your caching idea works out before throwing away
existing code.

If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.