branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop/lib/astyle

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Sep 21 21:54:42 UTC 2007

On Friday, 21. September 2007, Matt Rogers wrote:

> > b) KDE/3.5/kdevelop/ is now "dead", i.e. its not the stable KDevelop
> > anymore (as of 2 or 3 weeks ago). Would you mind comitting this change
> > to branches/kdevelop/3.5/ as well?

(sorry did not get the original mail)

Uh boy, I'm entirely sick of kdevelop moving around where it develops
something twice per year. if you think you have to reinvent a new place where
you develop kdevelop just because you're bored, then please make sure that
patches are ported over to your current playground as well.

> > @KDevelop developers: Should we ask the release-team about removing
> > branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop? Also that would make sure the next KDE
> > release won't release kdevelop from branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop...

Just telling release-team that you don't want to have kdevelop released will
fix the issue. and then you can use branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop to develop
whatever you want.

> Sorry, but these changes need to stay since we're distributing the
> astyle source code with KDevelop. Having this pushed up to astyle
> upstream is nice, but not a requirement.

The stuff is already pushed upstream as astyle fails compilation too. In any
case there is probably a reason for kdevelop including a deep copy of astyle
instead of using the system installed version, but it can't be a requirement.

Also I agree, you should really decide if you want to focus on KDevelop4 or
just play games with branches.

Greetings,

Dirk