parts/outputviews/compileerrorfilter.cpp r. 669527

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Wed Sep 19 20:14:59 UTC 2007

After months of trying to figure out why my link times suddenly went
through the roof (literally), I finally traced it down.  There were
changes made to 3 regular expressions in compileerrorfilter.cpp,
apparantly to accomdate files with spaces in them.  This introduced two
issues.  First, the time for CompileErrorFilter::processLine to run on
the link step output for some of my projects jumped from 346
milliseconds to 184569 milliseconds (yes, that's 3 minutes).  Second,
the output seemed to get messed up at times, and it would display lines
about generating object files and such.  I think this needs to be rolled
back.  Whoever made the original change (or any one else who's
interested) can come up with another solution.

Kris Wong