KDevelop 4 - current showstoppers

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Oct 31 14:29:53 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007 13:56:09 Hamish Rodda wrote:
> 1) User Interface
> * We can't hide the dock widgets like we could in kdevelop 3.  Thus, it's
> very difficult and annoying to get a reasonably sized text editor window. *
> The dock widgets are significantly out of proportion on startup (bottom
> widget takes 3/4 of the screen).

That's the number one showstopper for me atm.

But the others are important too.

It would be really great if a few more developers could motivate themselves to
help moving kdevelop forwards at this delicate position of development.

I can see that we're creating a really great application, but at current
development speed I fear that we won't have the minimum needed features by
the time kde 4.1 is published.

greetings, David