Version number for KDE 3.5.8

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Tue Oct 2 12:38:39 UTC 2007

> I do not see the 3.4.90 binaries being a problem. And it's
> not confusing:
> -3.4.90 is always and will always be better that 3.4.2
> -3.4.2 will (when released) be as good as 3.4.90, what is the
> problem with
>   that ?

The problem is they are the same code.  The application cannot have 2 version numbers unless someone bumps the version down to 3.4.2 in svn, does the tag, then bumps it back up to 3.5.  This is strange, and I disagree, it's confusing.  It also gives the impression that we're developing some new version of the KDevelop 3.x series, which we're not.

Kris Wong