Version number for KDE 3.5.8

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas webmaster at kdevelop.org
Tue Oct 2 12:21:24 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 12:21:28 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Well, yes, thats why I'm still not convinced to use 3.4.2. People can't
> upgrade from 3.4.90 to 3.4.2 because thats a downgrade and needs "force"
> to do. Also its something that no package system I know supports (thats
> rpm and deb basically). The only way is to remove the 3.4.90 package
> first, (for debian packages remove our repository from the sources.list)
> and then install the 3.4.2 version.

Why all the fuss about 3.4.90 ?

3.4.2 will NOT have more features that 3.4.90.

Why would people want/need to downgrade? The ones that are already using our
binary snapshots wil continue doing it and will get 3.4.91 and so on.

The ones that do not use our binary repositories will get 3.4.2 and that is a
big improvemnet over 3.4.1.

I do not see the 3.4.90 binaries being a problem. And it's not confusing:
-3.4.90 is always and will always be better that 3.4.2
-3.4.2 will (when released) be as good as 3.4.90, what is the problem with
  that ?

--
Amilcar Lucas
Webmaster