Version number for KDE 3.5.8

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Oct 2 10:21:28 UTC 2007

On 02.10.07 12:02:24, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> Matt Rogers wrote:
>
> > 3.4.2 for me as well. We can remove the 3.4.90 labelled binaries.
>
> Won't there be a problem with upgrading the distro way, if there is a 3.4.90
> package installed?

Well, yes, thats why I'm still not convinced to use 3.4.2. People can't
upgrade from 3.4.90 to 3.4.2 because thats a downgrade and needs "force"
to do. Also its something that no package system I know supports (thats
rpm and deb basically). The only way is to remove the 3.4.90 package
first, (for debian packages remove our repository from the sources.list)
and then install the 3.4.2 version.

You may get an opportunity for advancement today.  Watch it!