[RFC] KDev4 Ui

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Wed Nov 14 19:57:21 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 19.06.12 David Nolden wrote:
> Of course I also usually work on multiple files at a time, let's say it's 3
> in the average. But around those files, there's usually about 7 other files
> that I'm not working with, that I just opened some time to look something
> up. Those additional files currently make it a lot harder getting an
> overview of the exact files I'm working on.

Yes, but this is because you rely on the tabbar to navigate your open files.
Remove the tabbar and use history/quickopen/codenavigation instead and you
will find what you are looking for and will not even know how many files are
open.  :)

Hmm.. ok, you said "overview". I guess if you want to have control over what
files you can _see_ there is no substitute to actually closing the other
files. But I still can not see any reasonable algorithm that comes even close
to correctly guessing which files that might be - which leaves manual user
action. Very doable via the Document List. (KDev3 does it..)

// jens