[RFC] KDev4 Ui

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:15:20 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 16:00:52 Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> "File sets" doesn't solve this. They are just the
> remember-to-close-before-you-open idea on crutches. At least for this
> problem. File sets could perhaps be nice for other use cases. I can't
> quite see them.

Nope.. it has nothing to do with "remember to close". The idea is that while
the whole searching-process, you could use an own file-set where you open
your 40 files that you close alltogether once you're ready, or you switch the
file-set to another "working" set so you can come back to your 40 files when
you think it's needed. Of course this needs special user actions, so it would
not help those who are not aware of it. I think those can mainly be helped by
highlighting/marking in the document-view.

greetings, David