[RFC] KDev4 Ui

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Wed Nov 14 14:31:07 UTC 2007

> Thats similar to what eclipse has, but it doesn't scale
> either, think of
> those "insane" Jens Dagerbos out there that have 40 files
> open at the same
> time.

I would say, for those users, we are trying to solve the wrong problem.  Nobody is going to be actively editing 40 files at once.  This were David's idea of working file sets would be uber handy.  This would allow the user to easily switch between different sets of files that are open for edit, and could significantly cut down on the number of files that have "represntation" in the tab widget at any one time.  IMO, this seems like the problem should be trying to solve.

Kris Wong