[RFC] KDev4 Ui

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Wed Nov 14 14:42:30 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 17:31:07 Kris Wong wrote:
> > Thats similar to what eclipse has, but it doesn't scale
> > either, think of
> > those "insane" Jens Dagerbos out there that have 40 files
> > open at the same
> > time.
>
> I would say, for those users, we are trying to solve the wrong problem.
> Nobody is going to be actively editing 40 files at once.

Editing -- *probably* not. Using -- yes. When using Eclipse, I have tens
of open files -- say I'm editing 10, and actively using 30 to understand the
logic I'm plugging in. The problem with Eclipse UI, is that it has line 6 files
that fit in tabs, and the button that shows all open files -- sorted alphabetically.
So, in the case when I actually care about 20 files, and have 100 opened, this
UI does not work all that great -- some sorting of files by number of times it
was looked at would be good.

- Volodya