REMINDER: Final review of VCS interfaces

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 29 16:29:42 UTC 2007

On 29.05.07 10:58:59, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Ok, one comment on annotate()... it isn't clear what type of revision is
> returned (GlobalNumber or FileNumber) or if it is possible to try to
> retrieve both. What about this simple change (below)? Note that date is
> now fetched by asking for the Date type of revision. This should also
> make things easier in the case that a VCS's annotate() only returns a
> subset of the possible information.

Right, author may return an empty string and the revision might be
inValid() (if the type is not supported). Other than that I agree with
your proposal.

> Also we use 'author' here and 'user' in VcsEvent. Should we be
> consistent? OTOH there is a certain amount of sense in the current use
> of the terms, so I am not strongly opinionated either way.

IMHO it should be author, because it really is the _author_ of that
change that you get.

Be free and open and breezy!  Enjoy!  Things won't get any better so
get used to it.