[KDev4] project settings

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Fri May 25 18:40:51 UTC 2007

2007/5/25, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> On 25.05.07 14:14:04, dukju ahn wrote:
> > Also some additional question. What is the meaning of
> > ProjectKCModule::setDeveloperTempFile(), setProjectFileUrl(),
> > and setDeveloperFileUrl()? I guess its for remote project
> > but what does the namings, especially *develop* suggest?
>
> This is needed to have two things:
>
> a) remote projects
> b) developer-specific settings in a separate file, so the .kdev4 project
> file can be checked into VCS.

So What is the meaning and difference between developer-specific
settings and VCS checked-in settings? Do I understand correctly below?

Suppose that certain project community decided to use kdev4.
They use C++ as their language. Such common items reside on kdev4
project file directly.
OTW, each developer may have difference taste on MakeBuilder output
so such private reside in .kdev4/ subdir

Am I right?