[VCS] VcsRevision

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 24 20:37:02 UTC 2007

On 24.05.07 12:49:09, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 24.05.07 10:47:33, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Also I think
> > you're too concerned here, unless you've got a really crappy VCS system
> > getting the full log of a certain file or dir shouldn't be that bad. As
> > an example:
> >

> > And I consider that a really huge repository log.
>
> Your example seems to be missing :-). Anyway I suppose I'm concerned
> because someone previously made a case for the numeric limit, so I'm
> just following that.

Yes, it took longer and finally I forgot to wait for it before sending
the mail, so here it is:
andreas at morpheus:~>time svn log https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdelibs >/dev/null

real    33m50.500s
user    0m4.342s
sys     0m0.474s

Which is actually longer than I thought, but as I said before, 668025
revisions is a really huge number - IMHO.

You will be run over by a bus.