Possibility to disable toolview-creation

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 16 00:30:20 UTC 2007

On 14.05.07 12:13:13, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> this is mainly for Alexander.
>
> Will there be a possibility to disable the creation of new toolviews by
> the user on a per-plugin basis?
>
> I just resurrected the widgetbox toolview in the designer plugin and
> if I create a 2nd toolview from the factory I get an empty QWidget. I'm
> returning the widgetBox that exists in the QDesignerFormEditorInterface
> everytime the create() is called.
>
> I can look into wether its possible to keep multiple designer-interfaces
> around and then hook them up to each other, but that would mean we'd
> have 1 designer-instance for each toolview and for each document. If a
> plugin can disable the creation of new toolviews then I could use the
> same designer instance all the time.

And another problem: Multiple views onto the same designer form are
probably not possible either. I tried having only 1
QDesignerformInterface, resulted in 1 window with the form, the other
with a plain qwidget. Having a new form loaded with the same content is
calling for trouble, because then you basically have the same as 2
designer instances working on the same file...
Unless of course we find a way to hook these two up to each other so
that changes in one are reflected in the other (which I'm not sure we
can)

You are scrupulously honest, frank, and straightforward.  Therefore you
have few friends.